(Scroll down for video)
I bet you can’t do 10 without sucking wind.
But you should try anyway.
If you’re trying to build muscle after 50 years old and want a simple, effective, do-anywhere exercise, the Burpee has your name on it.
A full-body workout that will exhaust you in no time at all.
And you’ll get strong too.
How to Build Muscle After 50 without equipment and when you are short of time
- Grab 15 minutes on your calendar, three days a week.
- Start with 10 burpees and then rest for 1 minute.
- Repeat for 5 sets. Keep track of your time.
- Try to get the workout done in a shorter period each time.
- As it gets easier, start doing 15 burpees at a time. And then 20. And so on.
You’re now a Burpee Machine.
But you’re not done yet
On your off days, the days you’re not training, get some active rest in. Like walking or bike riding or just playing games with your kids.
Go for 15 to 20 minutes. That’s all you need.
The final secret to build muscle after 50
Dynamic training on the weekend.
Pick one day, Saturday or Sunday and do some explosive training.
Like sprinting or jumping or running hills or steps or even tire flipping.
That’s your program.
- Active Rest
- Dynamic training
What do you think?
Got a simple yet effective workout?
Tell me about it in the comments below.