Just a little bit more...
Sometimes you just need a little more effort to put you over the top. Not a lot more, just enough to ensure the Compound Effect is working for you, not against you.
Add a walking program a few days a week and see if that isn't enough to finally get you over the hump and making steady progress. Get a long walk in on the weekend and few shorter walks, say 30 minutes or so, during the week.
That may be enough to change the trajectory of your training. If you're not making the progress you desire, give it just a little bit more.
Some other ways to look at it:
- Success is doing a half dozen things really well, repeated five thousand times.
- Consistency is the ultimate key to success.
- If you aren't better, work harder.
- The compound effect is the strategy of reaping huge rewards from small, seemingly insignificant actions.
- Small choices + consistency + time = significant results.